Friday, December 11, 2009

My kitten pants and has what looks like zits. Is this normal?

He is 4 months old and whenever he runs, he pants like a dog. He also has something that looks like zits on his belly area. I know they are not his nipples as they are in clusters like a rash almost. They are not inflammed or bothering him. Ive had cats all my life and have never seen these things before in a cat. Are they normal?





He is a long haired cat. Very sweet. Im wondering if this could be a heat rash of sorts but like I said, the zits are not red or inflammed.





Serious replys only please.My kitten pants and has what looks like zits. Is this normal?
My ten year old cat had been panting/coughing and I took her to the vet. At first they told me it was allergies and gave her a shot. When that didn't work we took xrays and found fluid around her lungs.





Since your cat is so young, I don't think that would be the issue. Possibly allergies, or he is allowing himself to get overheated. Does he go outside? With all the heat that could be the problem. If he's inside make sure the room is a comfortable temp and he has lots of water. If it happens frequently I would bring him to the vet.





One of my stepmom's cats occasionally gets ';pimples'; around her face. They go away after a little while, no biggie. As long as the outbreaks aren't huge I wouldn't worry. Once again, if all else fails, see the vet.My kitten pants and has what looks like zits. Is this normal?
take him to the vet
Get him to a vet NOW!
Why not take him to the vet to be sure? It could be allergies, but personally, I'd spend the $25-$40 for peace of mind to make sure that he's ok.





Good luck to you in this. : )
if your kitten is panting, take him to the vet!! there are a variety of possibilities, and i don't know if the rash is related. but no cat should ever pant from exercise. mom cats pant in labor, and cats will pant when they are overheated. otherwise, this is a sign that for some reason your cat is not getting enough oxygen when he runs. possible causes include asthma, congenital heart defects and congestive heart failure, to name a few. good luck.
you sure it's your kitten and not your baby sister?
my cat pants too..only because of the heat and his sweat glands.


However i don't know anything about the zits you should take the cat to a vet
  • thin hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    secured loan